Monday 20 February 2012

Valentines 2012

Ive never really done a post about me before. I have only ever written about items I have brought or trends that have caught my eye so as I was going away with my Boyfriend to Liverpool for Valentines day I thought I might do my first ever outfit post.
 I have always been a bit shy about putting photos of myself on my blog due to being a bit self conscious but after (another) renaming I wanted the blog to be more personal so welcome to the new and improved.... L. Loves. 

The weekend was lovely, the hotel was gorgeous, the shopping was brilliant. I had to reign myself in from spending too much as my car is currently consuming the majority of my funds but I had to treat myself to a few bits.

The Hotel we stayed in was Heywood House Hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Liverpool a night in a deluxe room is a bargain at £75 and its in a perfect central location from all the shops, restaurants, museums and other tourist attractions.




I was very excited to see that when we got to our room I was greeted by some lovely Valentines Day treats.


This is me and my boyfriend Andy before a long day shopping.

We had booked a meal in a restaurant on the Albert Docks so I wanted to dress up but also wanted to be comfortable as I was intending on consuming a lot of food.


Dress: Ted baker
Blazer: Topshop
Scarf: Alexander McQueen
Clutch: Zara
Belt: Zara
Shoes: Missguided
Watch: Michael Kors

I love the dress and did feel a little guilty wearing it as I am definitely not a girl who can wear white and not spill on it and as it was my graduation dress I would like to keep it in as good a condition as I can but  I hate the thought of only ever wearing a dress once.



I had been dying for a pair of Jeffery Campbell Litas but couldn't justify the £120 price tag so I really could not resist these Missguided look-a-likes when I saw them online.



The restaurant we went to was Miller & Carter Steakhouse and was really lovely. They had filled the restaurant with red candles and there were lots of loved up couples so the atmosphere was really cosy and romantic.


Strawberry Daiquiri.... Yummy!!


Albert Docks

After a night of over indulgence we decided to go for a stroll around some vintage shops the next morning to burn off all the steak and alcohol I wore...


Dress: Topshop
Belt: Zara
Necklace: Primark
Wedges: Primark
Watch: Michael Kors

Do you prefer a blog thats more personal? What did you get up to for Valentines day? I would love to hear from you.

Follow on Blog Lovin' // Follow on Twitter // Follow on Facebook // Follow on Instagram









4 comments:

  1. I love both of your outfits. The two rubber duckies on the bed is sooooo cute :) Looks like you had a good valentines day.

    xo

    http://dirtydamselindistress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep prefer more personal approach, but maybe you could incorporate both styles of blogging, totally understand what you mean about feel self concious! Love both ur outfits :) x

    www.justsugacane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shoes are gorgeous! i honestly didn't know they weren't lita's!
    are they comfy? considering purchasing these.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are comfy, they are high and takes a little time to get used to them if your walking around but after a while you get used to get. Arn't they a bargain x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments I love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...